Friday, December 3, 2010

SettIng As The World

At the first place i lived in, it was a small apartment. In this apartment many events took place, but the kitchen is where I learned how to do something that I will never forget how to do ever in my life. I was home alone one day and i got hungry., My parents wouldn't be home until the next day, and my brother was somewhere that i didn't know. I went into the refrigerator and looked for something that i didn't involve me cooking, because i have never cooked a day in my life. Nothing was there, checking 2 and 3 times in the same box, I couldn't find a thing. I was force to try and cook something. I looked in the cabinets above the sink and found pancake mix. I went and found pans that i needed and everything from drawers next to the sink. I read the back of the pancake box carefully, following the directions. I made the pancakes all by myself and i felt very accomplished. I had to pour the pancake mix into a bowl, add water, and stir it until it was smooth. Already preheating the skillet on the gas stove, I poured the pancake batter into the skillet. It immediately began to cook. I read on the box that I flip the pancake when i see bubbles at the top of it. After waiting on the bubbles, i flipped the pancake gracefully. I then let it cook until it wasn't gooey any more. After it was done i took the pancake out of the skillet, put it on a plate, put butter on it, cut it into little squares, poured syrup on it, and ate it. I was very proud of myself. I will always know how to cook myself pancakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment