Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Many People volunteer their time to help others, either through non-profit organizations, churches, or other charitable venues. Write an essay convincing readers to find a charity and volunteer their time.

My older relatives and all of my elders have always told me that is is better to give than to receive. They also tell me when you help someone out and you know you are doing it, you get more than what you put out. You get the feeling knowing that you made a positive difference in someones' life. I never believed them at first. I just always thought that they were just saying that trying to get me to volunteer my sweet time. I thought that the things I were doing were a lot more important. I was very blind. I was tired of hearing these people's mouth so one day I decided that I would volunteer my time. I helped out small homeless children. I helped them play basketball and I played games with them. I only had to do it for 3 hours. Afterwards when I got home and thought about everything that night, I felt very good. I just put a smile on a kid's face, and made him or her very happy. It put a smile on my face that night.
I really advise the reader of this to go out and volunteer their time. It may be boring what you have to do, and you may really not want to do it but I promise you that it is really worth it. It will give you the best feeling in the world. Only good things can come from giving your time and helping others in need of it.

1 comment:

  1. Again, indent please.
    'trying to get me to volunteer ' -- to try and get me to
    'It put a smile on my face that night.' suggest "It put a smile on my face too."
    'want to do it but I promise' -- comma before "but"

    Good post, very good! :)

    ReplyDelete