Sunday, November 28, 2010

Most effective teacher i have ever had

The most effective teacher that I have ever had in my life time teaches math at Inglewood High School. His name is Mr. Payne. By far he is the best math teacher. I wish I could go back to Inglewood High School during 5th period just to take his AP Calculus class. I took his Pre Calculus class last year as an 11th grader at Inglewood High School. I had just transfered from University High School in Los Angeles/Westwood area, really close to UCLA. I did not know what to expect about the teachers at Inglewood. I just thought all the classes would be very easy since it was not a very good academic school. Well I was right. Coming from Uni, where the classes were much harder, my classes at Inglewood High School were much easier, even my AP class. When it came to math I did not think I was going to learn anything, even though i was interested in learning it because math is my favorite subject. As the class went on he started teaching. I found out that his class was very easy too. But it was not easy because of the school's low standards. It was easy because of the way he teached. He made everything so simple. Like with sine and cosine, the way he tought it, it was very easy to understand and do homework problems, and get good scores on the tests. When he taught the class the unit circle, we had to remember it. I did not think i would be able to memorize it. They way we taught us and showing us the patters and gave us practice, it has almost been a year from me and having his class and I still remember every single part of it. He is the best and most effective teacher  that I have ever had in elementry school, middle school, and in my 4 years of high school at 2 different schools. I would take his class any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment