Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Personal Essay

In my lifetime I have confronted dissapointment many of times. One time that I will never forget, is when I was 6 years old. I did not expect to get anything, but I was told that I was going to go to Disneyland. Even though i did not expect on going, I was still excited. I older cousin, 23 years old at the time, was telling me every other day that he was going to take me. he was doing this for two weeks straight. As a young child if i keep hearing something like that, of course I am going to get somewhat excited. So as time went on, and the days to Disneyland narrowed down, he was still talking about it. The night before he tol me that he was going to come to my house in the moring and pick me and my brother up, and we were going to go with him and his girlfriend. That I night went to bed very excited. The next morning came; I was up early waiting. Thining about it now, my mom knew that my cousin was gasing me up, and was going to flake on me. At the time, I did not know that. So the moring hours passed by: 9...10...11. I thought maybe he will come by 12. When 12 o'clock hit, I was sad. I knew he was not taking me to Disneyland. That ruined my whole weekend. I sat in my room mad, and very dissapointed. I handled it by not talking to him for a good month or so until i got over it. But till this very day, I don't trust him when he says he is going to do something.

No comments:

Post a Comment