Saturday, November 27, 2010

UC personal Statement #2 (replacing prompt #45)

My drive to push and never give up is a quality about myself that I am very proud of. I have been rejected, told I can’t do some or I can’t make it, been told I wasn’t good enough, and have been told to quite. The person that I am, I use those negative comments to my advantage. I want those people to be in shock that a accomplished all the things that they said I could not do. I play basketball and at a time in my life I came to a point where I wanted to quit because I felt that things weren’t going my way at all and that I wouldn’t get a college scholarship. As bad as I wanted to because I couldn’t. I just worked harder to try and get one. Even if I end up not getting a college basketball scholarship, I’m still going to go to college and continue to work out. Once I get to college I will still tryout for the basketball team. Giving up in life gets you nowhere. Definitely not the place that you want to go. This quality of mine reflects who I am because I mold my life and the way I live around it. The people that I hang around, if they are quitters and don’t work hard then I’m going to stop hanging around them. If they are negative influences on my life then I will cancel them out of my life. Everything you do as a person reflects who you are, so if you work hard and never give up then you are that type of person. You will be seen by society as that too. People say they don’t care what people think about them, but if you aren’t seen well then people with more power than you won’t let you get to where you want to be. And we all want to be on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment