Saturday, November 27, 2010

Pepperdine University Supplement (replacing prompt #47)

Pepperdine University is a Christian university committed to the highest standards of academic excellence and Christian values, where students are strengthened for lives of purpose, service, and leadership. How are you prepared to contribute to Pepperdine's mission and community of faith, learning, and service?
I have been raised as a Christian, so I have Christian values. I try to live everyday of my life not perfect because I know that no man is perfect, but I try to do the right thing and make all the right decisions. I am prepared to contribute to Pepperdine's mission and community of faith, learning, and service. I am the captain of my varsity basketball team. It requires me to be very vocal and to lead also by example so everyone else will follow and do the right thing. I take my learning very seriously. Playing on the basketball team and still attending school while having a weighted GPA of 3.54 has helped me learn to balence out my life and stay on schedule. If I do end up playing a sport in college I will know how to handle the two. If I do not, I will still be able to handle my studies because I will have one less thing to focus on. Either way learning and school is my priority. When they say student-athelete, the "student" comes first because that is the most important thing. My faith will never die because I know that eveything happens for a reason and God has a plan for every single person in this world. All you have to do is do what he says and follow his rules. I can contribute my faith to Pepperdine because no one person in the world know's everything about something. Everyones' imput has value and means something. Putting my faith in will help not only myself, but the people around me and may inspire someone to do something amazing; only God knows. I don't think, I know that i will be able to contribute to Pepperdine Univeristy anyway that is needed, in a very positive way.

No comments:

Post a Comment