Saturday, November 27, 2010

Oregon Personal Statement (take place of prompt #43)

In the last 2 years I haven’t done anything like make a foundation, win a science award, or anything that you would get recognition for my a group of professionals. In the Last 2 years what I have done is bettered myself and began to think about and prepare for my future. I have always had good grades, nothing below a GPA of a 3.0, but in the last 2 years I began to work on important things like study habits and ways to take notes. I began to realize that if I want to be anything successful I have to go above and beyond in the things that I do. I applied this last school year, and maintained a GPA of a 4.0 both semesters. I had the highest GPA on my varsity basketball team. Having done it last year, I plan on improving it and getting above a 4.0 for my senior year. Many people have told me 10 years from now it won’t matter what you did in high school, but how you used your time in high school. I don’t care if I stand out by not doing what everyone is doing. If missing the popular party means that I will get an A on my test, get into the college I want, and later becoming successful after I graduate, then I am going to miss it and study. The things that my elders have been telling me are kicking in and I am seeing the bigger picture of things. This makes me feel good about myself because I know I’m just wasting my time going through the motions. I am making a difference in my future. I know that all the hard work I put in won’t just go to waste. It is going to help me and I know I will get something out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment